• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
Re: PlayStation VR
« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2018, 10:06:55 PM »
Switching cables kind of makes the splitter obsolete. I might try a switch later in the week if I get a chance.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2018, 10:34:35 PM »
Oh ya, it's totally useless as a splitter for what I'm using it for at the moment.  It's just a more convenient access point to my cables lol

Looking closer at the switch it has 3x inputs and 1x output. But we are dealing with only 1 source device for inputs (PS4) and need multiple outputs, so I'm not sure how that's gonna work

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2018, 11:20:01 PM »
Oh ya, it's totally useless as a splitter for what I'm using it for at the moment.  It's just a more convenient access point to my cables lol

Looking closer at the switch it has 3x inputs and 1x output. But we are dealing with only 1 source device for inputs (PS4) and need multiple outputs, so I'm not sure how that's gonna work

HDMI comms is two way so think of the tv and the psvr as the inputs, the PS4 as the output

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2018, 11:01:20 AM »
Hmm, really? Ok. I think I may just leave my set up as is. I looked through the manual for the switch vs splitter, and the splitter has a bandwidth of 18mbps vs the switch of 10mpbs - which is a little low and may not have the capability of passing through all the weird and wonderful variety of HDMI/Chroma/Res/Refresh Rate/etcetc options that exist (may not impact what the ps4 is capable of though. Who fucking knows. Its all getting a little hard.)

Thanks sony for the utterly fucking dumb shit of a VR Box v1