• Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
Re: Sony Console Chat
« Reply #3100 on: August 31, 2017, 06:14:35 AM »
Was scrolling through the PS4 settings and realised that Rest Mode downloads for application updates are restricted to PS+ members. Never knew that, what an odd thing to restrict.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #3101 on: September 03, 2017, 11:49:09 AM »
ISP: Telstra cable
Modem/router: Telstra default (gateway max?)

Does anyone else have issues which could be described as getting timed out on the PS Home page and store? After a certain time the store, friends list, trophies and even my own profile won't load - it doesn't disconnect. Any game will still connect to servers without issue. If I do a network test on the PS4 then all functionality immediately returns, however if I pause a game and do a network test it may disconnect me from game server. Not sure if this will cause problems with D2 and joining parties.

Could this be a problem with modem/router settings? I have no port forwarding setup, but these issues we're not occurring when I first moved to current isp.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:59:18 AM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #3102 on: September 03, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »

Does anyone else have issues which could be described as getting timed out on the PS Home page and store? After a certain time the store, friends list, trophies and even my own profile won't load - it doesn't disconnect. Any game will still connect to servers without issue. If I do a network test on the PS4 then all functionality immediately returns, however if I pause a game and do a network test it may disconnect me from game server. Not sure if this will cause problems with D2 and joining parties.

Could this be a problem with modem/router settings? I have no port forwarding setup, but these issues we're not occurring when I first moved to current isp.

Yeah i get that sometimes, I'm on Telstra cable, have been for years. Thought it was just PSN :P

I have the gateway max now, but it also happened to me before when I was using the old Motorola surfboard.
Now that it seems to be ISP related... i might look into it a bit more.

I just put it down to some delay or something. It does fix when you do network test.
Store will sometimes stall for me, but if i go back and forth it works the 2nd or 3rd time. Very annoying.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #3103 on: September 07, 2017, 08:45:18 PM »
@Ant  @raz81  does anyone still have code for PS4 system beta? I want to try that to see if it fixes my Destiny 2 problems....before I contact Sony support

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #3104 on: September 07, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »
I'll PM you in a minute

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #3105 on: September 08, 2017, 11:46:15 PM »
Does this sound right? PS4og/PS4slim and PS4pro work through different servers? - one customers chat with Sony support regarding Destiny 2 problems

Yes - I AM spending my Friday night doing this  >:(

Andres (9/6/2017, 8:33:09 PM): Based on previous records and the information we have been provided with, this issue may be happening due to high traffic in the servers of the game.
Me (9/6/2017, 8:34:22 PM): From what I've seen online it seems to be a vast majority or PS4 Pro owners. Even day 1 Destiny white PS4 Pros fresh out of the box
Me (9/6/2017, 8:34:54 PM): Is that consistent with your reports or does it seem to be spread evenly?
Andres (9/6/2017, 8:36:28 PM): Yes Joseph, it seems that the majority of issues are happening on PS4 PRO.
Me (9/6/2017, 8:37:49 PM): I guess I'm asking how Sony has come to the conclusion that is a server overload issue when PS4 seem to be the culprits
Me (9/6/2017, 8:38:22 PM): Are Pros treated any differently via PSN or Dedicated servers than Original PS4's?
Me (9/6/2017, 8:38:42 PM): PS4 Pro*
Andres (9/6/2017, 8:41:47 PM): Well keep in mind that PS4 PRO works with a different server as the PS4 standard version, that is why the issue is happening just with the PROs.
Andres (9/6/2017, 8:42:16 PM): But that is just an speculation from our side, since the engineers are currently investigating and seeing what is the problem indeed.
Me (9/6/2017, 8:42:20 PM): Different server? As in ever game needs separate servers just for the pros?
Andres (9/6/2017, 8:42:49 PM): Correct, is the same when comparing the PS4 and PS3.
Andres (9/6/2017, 8:43:02 PM): Well, almost the same.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 11:48:39 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #3106 on: September 09, 2017, 08:58:19 AM »
Sounds like he is taking too a useless level 1 support person that doesn't know anything

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #3107 on: September 09, 2017, 12:03:07 PM »
Sounds like he is taking too a useless level 1 support person that doesn't know anything

Yeah I posted because it sounds ridiculous. Still don't know if I should be pushing for a replacement console.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #3108 on: September 09, 2017, 12:30:06 PM »
Not sure that pushing for a new console is the path I would go down. Clearly it's an issue with the software

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #3109 on: September 09, 2017, 01:19:25 PM »
Not sure that pushing for a new console is the path I would go down. Clearly it's an issue with the software

Most people with PS4pro don't have problems though, and several people with replacement consoles no longer experience crashes - but that was for crashing at specific points.

Going through process of elimination - today testing the overheating theory.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:21:30 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #3110 on: September 09, 2017, 11:48:30 PM »

Yeah i get that sometimes, I'm on Telstra cable, have been for years. Thought it was just PSN :P

I have the gateway max now, but it also happened to me before when I was using the old Motorola surfboard.

I just put it down to some delay or something. It does fix when you do network test.
Store will sometimes stall for me, but if i go back and forth it works the 2nd or 3rd time. Very annoying.

@mimix I fixed this by setting up port forwarding - Google told me which ports I needed.

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #3111 on: September 10, 2017, 08:37:20 PM »

@mimix I fixed this by setting up port forwarding - Google told me which ports I needed.

Hmm... I've always had my PS4 with a fixed IP and set as the DMZ in my router. I have reset my connection on the PS4 to use google dns and it seems to be ok at the moment (but i'll give it longer to see if it's just a lucky clean spot)

If it starts looking poorly again, then I might try the port forwards.
Is it just the ports for PSN services? Hope they are total random ports and not crossovers with other apps.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #3112 on: September 10, 2017, 09:10:01 PM »

Hmm... I've always had my PS4 with a fixed IP and set as the DMZ in my router. I have reset my connection on the PS4 to use google dns and it seems to be ok at the moment (but i'll give it longer to see if it's just a lucky clean spot)

Is it just the ports for PSN services? Hope they are total random ports and not crossovers with other apps.

Yeah it is ports for psn services - not sure about any crossover. With theseports open I downloaded D2 (again and again) in 3-4 hours

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #3113 on: September 11, 2017, 01:32:56 PM »

Yeah it is ports for psn services - not sure about any crossover. With theseports open I downloaded D2 (again and again) in 3-4 hours

Sorry, I lie. I used to have it in DMZ, but looks like no longer (probably a good thing).
So the only change I made recently that looks better for me was to change connection to use google dns instead.

Never really had much issues with download speeds, mostly just store loading and the often delayed friendslist/what's new/live info that appears under titles.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #3114 on: September 15, 2017, 01:57:35 AM »

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #3115 on: September 15, 2017, 11:14:46 AM »
lol, yeah but if you dont "upgrade" Destiny 2 wont let you in?

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #3116 on: September 15, 2017, 04:31:55 PM »
Damn, I wasn't going to update due to the issues stated but my PS4 did it overnight! Games are missing!

Oh well, that's why it's called a beta.

EDIT: Crisis averted, all my games slowly popped back up but out of their folders, I was horrified, my dashboard hasn't looked that messy in months ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:37:34 PM by Slayer7744 »

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #3117 on: September 15, 2017, 08:24:32 PM »
Yup same here, thanks Sony! And, Slayer, thanks for the reminder that this is what I signed up for.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #3118 on: September 16, 2017, 01:52:34 AM »
My Pro's XMB is laggy since updating/downgrading to 4.74.

Offline Bruce_Leeroy

• Clan Member
  • PSN: BruceLeeRoy_88
« Reply #3119 on: September 19, 2017, 10:12:08 PM »
One of my controllers carked itself the other day, not sure what happened one minute i was playing FIFA at a mates place, the next i blanked out and it was on the other side of the room..... so due for a replacement  >:(.

I was curious to see if anyone has picked up one of the "premium" controllers that Sony has signed off on? Razer Raiju/Nacon Revolution?

Keen to hear your thoughts/feedback on em before i piss off the missus for spending more money recklessly  :up:

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #3120 on: September 20, 2017, 10:30:16 AM »
One of my controllers carked itself the other day, not sure what happened one minute i was playing FIFA at a mates place, the next i blanked out and it was on the other side of the room..... so due for a replacement  >:(.

Last time this happened at my place, the controller survived but I ended up with a new TV!

Online AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #3121 on: September 20, 2017, 11:08:28 AM »
I was curious to see if anyone has picked up one of the "premium" controllers that Sony has signed off on? Razer Raiju/Nacon Revolution?

Keen to hear your thoughts/feedback on em before i piss off the missus for spending more money recklessly  :up:
'

I've used both, I own the Razer Raiju and my Dad has the Nacon Rev, though after using it he actually went and brought the Raiju too.

Nacon Rev
They come down to a matter of taste, the Nacon has the xbox layout (left thumbstick higher than the D-pad), so if you're a fan of that then the layout will be preferable. The extra buttons are both on the back, and in the same spot, where you essentially press against the back for 1 function or against the grips for the second function. I found when playing I'd inadvertently press the wrong button in more intense moments.

Build of the Nacon feels solid, however I'm not a fan of the way the USB cable screws into the top of the control, I'm the type that puts everything away neatly when I'm done and it's a bit of a chore to unscrew it. It comes with a soft carry back, essentially just a pouch, so it's not well protect from anything but dust if you want to take it somewhere.

Set up, to apply buttons on the Nacon, you need to plug it into a PC to set up profiles, so you'll need to do that in advance, and if you're not happy with the set up, you'll have to plug it back into the PC to change it. It does however offer far more customisation in the way of tweaking sensitivity and dead zones.

Price wise I think it's about $139 at JB, but can be found cheaper elsewhere if you look.

Razor Raiju
The layout is the traditional PS setup, the X, square, triangle and O buttons feel 'clicky' like a mouse button, and can take getting use to. The grip is comfy and I've not had any issues with it over extended periods. The extra buttons are split, 2x triggers on the back and 2x buttons on top (on the inside of the shoulder buttons). I absolutely love the triggers on the back, essentially have the right set to jump and left set to crouch, very intuitive to use and helps me jump around like a maniac and still aim precisely. However I'm not as much a fan of the shoulder buttons as they can be hard to reach without hitting the existing shoulder buttons. For Destiny I have the extra left shoulder set to change weapon and right set to reload, though I honestly cant get use to using them as much as I should.

Again the build quality is solid and I prefer that the USB cable is just a plug in type, I had my partner run across infront of me one time and kick the cable and it just unplugged the control instead of possibly ending up with the control going flying like it might with the Nacon. The Raiju comes with a hard cover case which fits the control and cable easily and protects it well. The control itself you can also adjust the triggers sensitivity to allow hair-trigger like presses.

Set up is all done on the fly, you press a button on the base of the control, hold down the extra trigger/button and press the button you want it to mimic and done. It takes 3sec and can change on the fly as often as you want, no need to plug into a PC. You can save 2 different profiles on the control itself, but otherwise you'll need to re-configure if you play more games and need to change it.

Price wise it's more expensive, $179 at JB, but again shopping around online (as it's JB exclusive in brick and mortar stores) might yield a better price, I got mine for $140 when on sale at JB though.

Of the 2, I prefer the Raiju, but the Nacon has some nice elements, if I could I'd merge the 2 for the best of both worlds. However neither really offer the same experience that a control like the Xbox Pro does, or even a scuf or beaver can, but as a quick buy off the shelf with little fuss, I can say I dont regret the Raiju purchase and my Dad probably wished he brought the Raiju first too.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:17:17 AM by AkyraStrike »

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #3122 on: September 20, 2017, 11:14:24 AM »
I need a new controller. I'll have a look at both these and decide if they suit. I trust @Toborstrike to be honest .................... @AkyraStrike is a hunter so not so much  :P 

Online AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #3123 on: September 20, 2017, 11:18:03 AM »
I need a new controller. I'll have a look at both these and decide if they suit. I trust @Toborstrike to be honest .................... @AkyraStrike is a hunter so not so much  :P

But @Toborstrike raised a hunter.. so what's that say?

:troll:

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
« Reply #3124 on: September 20, 2017, 11:27:55 AM »
I am tempted to grab an XBox Elite, I can use this on the PS4 with my Cronus Max.