• GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • XBLive: spazmanaught
Re: Sony Console Chat
« Reply #3125 on: September 20, 2017, 11:29:01 AM »
I need a new controller. I'll have a look at both these and decide if they suit. I trust @Toborstrike to be honest .................... @AkyraStrike is a hunter so not so much  :P

But @Toborstrike raised a hunter.. so what's that say?

:troll:

He's a true hero adopting a small hunter and taking the runt under his awesome Titan wing!

Offline Bruce_Leeroy

• Clan Member
  • PSN: BruceLeeRoy_88
« Reply #3126 on: September 20, 2017, 06:18:46 PM »
One of my controllers carked itself the other day, not sure what happened one minute i was playing FIFA at a mates place, the next i blanked out and it was on the other side of the room..... so due for a replacement  >:(.

Last time this happened at my place, the controller survived but I ended up with a new TV!

Haha good excuse as any for a new t.v !! ;)

Offline Bruce_Leeroy

• Clan Member
  • PSN: BruceLeeRoy_88
« Reply #3127 on: September 20, 2017, 06:20:50 PM »
I was curious to see if anyone has picked up one of the "premium" controllers that Sony has signed off on? Razer Raiju/Nacon Revolution?

Keen to hear your thoughts/feedback on em before i piss off the missus for spending more money recklessly  :up:
'

I've used both, I own the Razer Raiju and my Dad has the Nacon Rev, though after using it he actually went and brought the Raiju too.

Nacon Rev
They come down to a matter of taste, the Nacon has the xbox layout (left thumbstick higher than the D-pad), so if you're a fan of that then the layout will be preferable. The extra buttons are both on the back, and in the same spot, where you essentially press against the back for 1 function or against the grips for the second function. I found when playing I'd inadvertently press the wrong button in more intense moments.

Build of the Nacon feels solid, however I'm not a fan of the way the USB cable screws into the top of the control, I'm the type that puts everything away neatly when I'm done and it's a bit of a chore to unscrew it. It comes with a soft carry back, essentially just a pouch, so it's not well protect from anything but dust if you want to take it somewhere.

Set up, to apply buttons on the Nacon, you need to plug it into a PC to set up profiles, so you'll need to do that in advance, and if you're not happy with the set up, you'll have to plug it back into the PC to change it. It does however offer far more customisation in the way of tweaking sensitivity and dead zones.

Price wise I think it's about $139 at JB, but can be found cheaper elsewhere if you look.

Razor Raiju
The layout is the traditional PS setup, the X, square, triangle and O buttons feel 'clicky' like a mouse button, and can take getting use to. The grip is comfy and I've not had any issues with it over extended periods. The extra buttons are split, 2x triggers on the back and 2x buttons on top (on the inside of the shoulder buttons). I absolutely love the triggers on the back, essentially have the right set to jump and left set to crouch, very intuitive to use and helps me jump around like a maniac and still aim precisely. However I'm not as much a fan of the shoulder buttons as they can be hard to reach without hitting the existing shoulder buttons. For Destiny I have the extra left shoulder set to change weapon and right set to reload, though I honestly cant get use to using them as much as I should.

Again the build quality is solid and I prefer that the USB cable is just a plug in type, I had my partner run across infront of me one time and kick the cable and it just unplugged the control instead of possibly ending up with the control going flying like it might with the Nacon. The Raiju comes with a hard cover case which fits the control and cable easily and protects it well. The control itself you can also adjust the triggers sensitivity to allow hair-trigger like presses.

Set up is all done on the fly, you press a button on the base of the control, hold down the extra trigger/button and press the button you want it to mimic and done. It takes 3sec and can change on the fly as often as you want, no need to plug into a PC. You can save 2 different profiles on the control itself, but otherwise you'll need to re-configure if you play more games and need to change it.

Price wise it's more expensive, $179 at JB, but again shopping around online (as it's JB exclusive in brick and mortar stores) might yield a better price, I got mine for $140 when on sale at JB though.

Of the 2, I prefer the Raiju, but the Nacon has some nice elements, if I could I'd merge the 2 for the best of both worlds. However neither really offer the same experience that a control like the Xbox Pro does, or even a scuf or beaver can, but as a quick buy off the shelf with little fuss, I can say I dont regret the Raiju purchase and my Dad probably wished he brought the Raiju first too.

Awesome reviews akyra! Appreciate the detail in em! I might pop in store and get a feel for each and see which way to go!

Cheers!

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #3128 on: October 31, 2017, 04:23:37 PM »
Sony is killing it this generation when it comes to first-party singleplayer titles, something MS was recently vocal about saying they were a difficult venture financially.

The Last of Us: Part II
Ghost of Tsushima
Spider-Man
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Death Stranding
Wild

Not to mention what we've already received.

Horizon Zero Dawn + Expansion in November
Uncharted 4
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
The Order: 1886
Ratchet & Clank
Bloodborne
Until Dawn
The Last Guardian
Knack
Knack II
Gran Turismo Sport
Nioh
inFamous Second Son
inFamous First Light
Killzone: Shadow Fall

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #3129 on: October 31, 2017, 04:48:45 PM »
Sony is killing it this generation when it comes to first-party singleplayer titles, something MS was recently vocal about saying they were a difficult venture financially.

The Last of Us: Part II
Ghost of Tsushima
Spider-Man
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Death Stranding
Wild

Oh my wallet!! Will be looking at most of those