Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Offline Auldar

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Auldar
Re: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2016, 09:36:41 AM »
The hardest trophies for me were The White Rider and the Burning Vengeance ones. Fun game.

I did enjoy it but was ready for something different after the main story. I'll come back for the DLC later. I'm playing Diablo 3 atm:)

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »
They were the toughest ones for me too, as well as getting the lvl26 rune, i kept getting epic ones!

Yer i finished the main game at release (like 2 years ago) and it as good to get back into the dlc after a break.

Offline Jumpintriples86

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Jumpintriples86
  • Steam: jumpintriples
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2016, 07:15:11 PM »
Managed to get a perfect copy delivered by express post for $14...massive love for ebay. Had a quick run last night and it looks like a lot of fun. I strayed immediately off the path and was killed pretty quickly...talk about outnumbered. Am I right in thinking I should just stick to one of the two paths until I start to level up?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Image" border="0

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2016, 08:47:23 PM »
Which paths? Upgrades for your weapons? Stick with one that suits your style, eg stealth / dagger or combat / sword or ranged / bow.
It is easy to get overwhelmed, try gaining intel and uses orca weakness. Also don't be afraid to run.

Offline Jumpintriples86

• Clan Member
  • PSN: Jumpintriples86
  • Steam: jumpintriples
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2016, 05:59:13 AM »
No I meant on the map...there seemed to be two defined roads to take but I just kept jumping off cliffs trying to find a Cpt...not a good strategy! Got on last night and used alot more stealth, seems to be more effective.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Image" border="0

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2016, 08:26:51 AM »
There is actually two map areas. Just do what you find fun, random Orc killing or follow the story (yellow markers).
I played with mostly stealth but later on most captains are stronger and aren't vulnerable to it :(

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2016, 08:15:10 AM »
Looks like this game just received its Pro 4K patch.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
Re: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor *PS4 Pro
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2016, 02:16:15 PM »
Return to Mordor in stunning 4K resolution and a seamless 30FPS experience with Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition, available now for PlayStation 4 Pro.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2017, 12:10:08 PM »
There is actually two map areas. Just do what you find fun, random Orc killing or follow the story (yellow markers).
I played with mostly stealth but later on most captains are stronger and aren't vulnerable to it :(

I just came here to post looking for advice, but I guess that post makes sense.
I found the beginning a bit confusing. And then basically got outnumbered and slaughtered a lot. Made many nemesis very quickly !
I got the hang of it by just running around randomly and getting into fights . I guess I just gotta pick an objective to concentrate on?

Does stuff respawn ? I was trying to clear an area but not sure if it's possible .

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2017, 08:44:22 PM »
Also, other games have trained me to loot everything and search every nook and cranny for chests etc.
There doesn't seem to be loot and secret stashes of stuff... Is that right? I feel like I'm wasting time searching for nothing hehe

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2017, 08:53:42 PM »
Watching with interest

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2017, 12:41:33 AM »
Also, other games have trained me to loot everything and search every nook and cranny for chests etc.
There doesn't seem to be loot and secret stashes of stuff... Is that right? I feel like I'm wasting time searching for nothing hehe

If I remember correctly, all the points of interest appear on the map (after climbing the tower for the area?). There is no loot, just what the icons indicate on map.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2017, 09:39:41 AM »
Loot in SOM is basically just items dropped off dead captains. The only reason to explore would be to get to the side missions and they are all shown on the map.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:47:25 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »
Yep, cool thanks. I've had a few late nights with this now and am getting a feel for it. It's pretty damn cool. Lots of choices with skills and runes too, hard to know what to pick !  Last night I got a skill to charge my elf shot during battle after an 8 streak, so I am using that along with bow that has runes for healing. Seems to work and is quite fun to mix up sword play with bow mid battle.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2017, 08:50:43 AM »
I got the hang of it by just running around randomly and getting into fights . I guess I just gotta pick an objective to concentrate on?
Does stuff respawn ? I was trying to clear an area but not sure if it's possible .
Yes uruks do respawn, and the captains will re populate. But it only triggers when you:
1. Die, 2. Fast Travel. 3. Travel to the other area. 4. Advance Time.
So I guess if you dont die or fast travel, you can sorta clear an area temporarily. But the best part of the nemesis system is doing any of the above to get fresh uruks into the game, and let the power struggles occur etc.
One thing with SOM, dieing is actually part of the fun and adds to the game, as you create nemsis', captains grow stronger etc..
It is very easy to get over run early on, but once you learn some skills and the basics the combat isnt too hard.
To make it harder, dont use button prompts (disable them in options), dont level up health, dont pick use many skills points. After a while (for some people), it can be really easy, dont get me wrong, its still really fun, but you basically very rarely will die. (Thats when you use the Fast Travel, / Advance time to trigger the nemesis system often).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:56:09 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2017, 09:09:39 AM »