PlayStation 5

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
Re: PlayStation 5
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »
Take this with a pinch of salt - pricing and release date shows up on Amazon France.

20/11/20

Disc Edition - 499
Digital Edition - 399

https://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/playstation-5-price-and-release-date-leaked-by-amazon/?source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2KDh40FiTtSuIaV2Frpsh2Vw_YKaQY1E0iEsvzRWH9_ZlVOnehvmIlsbg

The screenshots/images of Amazon France ps5 pricing have been confirmed to be fabricated.

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2020, 10:17:47 AM »
PlayStation 5: Answering your questions on compatible PS4 peripherals & accessories

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2020, 11:43:49 AM »
PlayStation 5: Answering your questions on compatible PS4 peripherals & accessories

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

What a scam!!!

PS4 controllers work with 'some' PS4 games on PS5.
PS4 controllers won't work with PS5 games = buy more controllers ya plebs!

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
  • Discord: Slayer7744#9869
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2020, 01:34:49 PM »
Hardly an issue in my opinion. Last thing I wanted to do when I got my PS4 was immediately plug in my PS3 controller. Yes, the green side are allowing their controllers to work but they're also getting rid of generations and focusing on a more unified platform, Sony was always going the more traditional route.

The gaming community getting angry at everything will most likely not even think about using DS4 once they use the DualSense controller.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2020, 02:42:32 PM »
Hardly an issue in my opinion. Last thing I wanted to do when I got my PS4 was immediately plug in my PS3 controller. Yes, the green side are allowing their controllers to work but they're also getting rid of generations and focusing on a more unified platform, Sony was always going the more traditional route.

The gaming community getting angry at everything will most likely not even think about using DS4 once they use the DualSense controller.

That new controller they have shown is hardly a leap into the future. It's a re-skinned DS4 (or xBone clone) with a gymtastic name 'adaptive triggers and haptic feedback' ............... seriously! USB C and a light around the touch pad are hardly cutting edge. It's all about forcing more sales of controllers. The DS3 to DS4 was a giant leap and was worth forcing the DS3 to retire. There's no reason to force the DS4 out the door looking at the specs.

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2020, 05:37:36 PM »
Also heard rumours that the optical output is being dropped from the PS5.
I see it being asked on forums & that blog article - but no confirmation/response yet.

I'm praying not, as that'll be a little inconvenient for my A50's (still assuming they work/Astro makes them work)

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2020, 03:26:59 PM »
Yeh I'm stressing about optical.

The controller thing is not an issue at all. Spaz and the internetz need to chill out. New console, new controller. Big deal 🙄

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2020, 03:33:35 PM »
Yeh I'm stressing about optical.

The controller thing is not an issue at all. Spaz and the internetz need to chill out. New console, new controller. Big deal 🙄

Spaz doesn't care about the new controller it's the bullshite they are dribbling about the DS4 being obsolete. That's all.

Also Spaz needs an optical out as well. Although doesn't the A50's work with USB as well?

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2020, 09:31:29 PM »
Also Spaz needs an optical out as well. Although doesn't the A50's work with USB as well?

They do, but the sound is nowhere near as good. I had mine unplugged once and didn't realise, was wondering why clarity and directional sound was off.

Guess worst case I could run the optical through the TV, but I'm not sure how that will be not direct

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2020, 03:53:15 PM »
they may be making optical obsolete as it cannot carry some of the newer audio formats.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2020, 08:45:22 AM »
they may be making optical obsolete as it cannot carry some of the newer audio formats.

But let Spaz guess .............. they will release a set of headfones that do get these new mystical formats ........... it's like they've done this shite before  :P

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2020, 11:01:38 AM »

But let Spaz guess .............. they will release a set of headfones that do get these new mystical formats ........... it's like they've done this shite before  :P

They aren't mystical. There are a lot of limitations to TOSlink that are not due to Sony, including Dolby TrueDH and DTS-HD, this includes most of the 7.1 protocols.