• Clan Member
  • Life's short, Grow tall!
    • youtube
  • Origin: foxhound_one
  • PSN: foxhound_one
  • Steam: foxhound one
Re: Bloodborne
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 10:44:45 PM »
Haven't played a souls game since demons.  but i have some friends who want to pick it up so we have another game to play together, so i guess i will be picking it up.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 04:03:25 PM »
Review embargo has dropped and the game actually looks like a good exclusive. Not my type of game but plenty will enjoy this

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 02:39:00 AM »
This game has a serious problem for me at the moment.. after playing for a couple of hours it starts to get a lot of pop in (objects etc) then eventually crashes. I've reported it everytime it happens so hopefully I'm not the only one and a fix is on the way.

Offline evildevilman

• Clan Member
  • PSN: EvilDevilMan
  • Steam: EvilDevilMan
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 08:15:05 PM »
This game has a serious problem for me at the moment.. after playing for a couple of hours it starts to get a lot of pop in (objects etc) then eventually crashes. I've reported it everytime it happens so hopefully I'm not the only one and a fix is on the way.

Yeah I have been getting some very bad framerates myself - but after the shocking frame rate drops in Blighttown in Dark Souls it seemed kinda nostalgic :)

I'm a bit more concerned with my controller at the moment, it didn't handle a bit of 'mistreatment' after another close defeat to Father Gascoigne  :-[

Offline foxhound_one

• Clan Member
  • Life's short, Grow tall!
    • youtube
  • Origin: foxhound_one
  • PSN: foxhound_one
  • Steam: foxhound one
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 07:08:16 PM »

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 08:00:38 PM »

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2015, 11:24:21 PM »
I'm failing epically at this game. After a few hours, I'm still basically right at the beginning

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »
4.5 hours in i decided to redo my character with one that had the most starting health and stamina.
Turns out my original character actually had the most starting health/stamina (fail lol) but i started again with a different weapon (saw cleaver instead of axe). I'm finding the saw cleaver much much better for my play style.

4.5 more hours in with the new character and I'm doing much better (also read some general hints and tips online) and killed a major boss on the first attempt!
I've now killed the 2nd boss (that took many attempts) and this game is pretty fucking sweet. No other game outside of the Souls series provides  this type of adrenaline and elation (and frustration).

I now vaguely recall mentioning in a previous Souls thread probably many years ago that you need about 10 hours in these games before you start getting a feel for it. I wish i remembered my own advice.

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
  • PSN: doombirdzero (PS4)
  • Xbox Live: doombirdzero (360)
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 08:48:10 AM »
Being a Dark Souls fan, me and a mate did this one Co-Op and ended up doing Platinum. A little disappointed they didn't include weight/poise for each armour piece, which effects your move and dodge roll speed and when getting hit like in DS.
Praise the Sun!

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 09:38:12 AM »
Bloodborne expansion coming Nov this year yay!
I only just uninstalled this game last night to make room for TTK Doh!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:42:51 AM by ghosthunter »
Praise the Sun!

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 01:27:34 PM »
Lol I still haven't got past the first area

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
  • Origin: pihaboy
  • PSN: pihaboy
  • Xbox Live: pihaboy
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2015, 03:02:32 PM »
Cant wait. Would put my money on the table right now if they let me

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2015, 08:29:30 AM »
Bloodborne DLC out the other day its $29.95 apparently about 15 hours game play. I'll have to get it in the new year maybe, spent to much on Christmas already.

Those who havnt the main game can get the game of the year edition with the DLC for $79.95
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/games/bloodborne-game-of-the-year-edition/cid=EP9000-CUSA03173_00-BLOODBORNE0000EU
Praise the Sun!

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 08:40:33 AM »

Been playing the DLC since release date. Massive fan of all the souls games and Bloodborne.

I think i've played to much Destiny because the DLC is just kicking my ass.
I also forgot i was on NG++++ when i started so crap there's no time to get used to the controls.

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 11:31:02 AM »
Wow that's an awesome deal.

Don't regret paying full price though. Game and DLC were worth every cent

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2016, 08:17:49 AM »
Wow that's an awesome deal.

Don't regret paying full price though. Game and DLC were worth every cent

Did 100% on the DLC. Hardest part was the two beasts down the well to get the weapon drop.
Praise the Sun!

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2017, 10:47:31 AM »
So I think I gave up/lost interest in this back in 2015 for various reasons. Including getting my ass kicked.After some initial excitement I also think I was perhaps expecting (and playing it) like a souls game instead of a game in its own right. I never got very far.

After losing a chunk on my Sunday to nioh, I was dying to pick up a game like this, so I thought I'd try bloodborne again.

Anyways, after my first night I've already beat the 2 bosses in the first area. Definitely gelling with the game better this time around. I beat one of them on the 3rd attempt. The main boss I got to virtually 0.00001 health on my first attempt - there was no health bar left basically - when he killed me. My controller maybe absorbed some rage. Second attempt was a bit worse. Third attempt I decided I should use the mechanics of the game (something I probably failed to do previously ) and called in some co-op help. Fully expecting for nothing to happen in a 2 year old game, I was pleasantly surprised that I had not 1 but 2 co-op partners in about 1 min. Boss died in even less time. Hehe

It seems more simple from an upgrade and gear perspective when compared to souls or nioh, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
My combat so far has been pretty simple too (mostly light attack), but thats what seems to work for me in the quick playstyle that this game has...Plus I'm trying to master the gun.

Looking forward to keep plugging away at this.
Is the DLC good? Any specific point that it should be played (eg level requirement , finished game, etc)

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2017, 07:58:23 AM »
So I think I gave up/lost interest in this back in 2015 for various reasons. Including getting my ass kicked.After some initial excitement I also think I was perhaps expecting (and playing it) like a souls game instead of a game in its own right. I never got very far.

After losing a chunk on my Sunday to nioh, I was dying to pick up a game like this, so I thought I'd try bloodborne again.

Anyways, after my first night I've already beat the 2 bosses in the first area. Definitely gelling with the game better this time around. I beat one of them on the 3rd attempt. The main boss I got to virtually 0.00001 health on my first attempt - there was no health bar left basically - when he killed me. My controller maybe absorbed some rage. Second attempt was a bit worse. Third attempt I decided I should use the mechanics of the game (something I probably failed to do previously ) and called in some co-op help. Fully expecting for nothing to happen in a 2 year old game, I was pleasantly surprised that I had not 1 but 2 co-op partners in about 1 min. Boss died in even less time. Hehe

It seems more simple from an upgrade and gear perspective when compared to souls or nioh, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
My combat so far has been pretty simple too (mostly light attack), but thats what seems to work for me in the quick playstyle that this game has...Plus I'm trying to master the gun.

Looking forward to keep plugging away at this.
Is the DLC good? Any specific point that it should be played (eg level requirement , finished game, etc)

Im a big souls fan and loved Bloodborne . Definitly need a more aggressive play style that souls . I found the axe with its heavy spinning attack really useful especially early because it knocks down multiple enemies .

DLC is great . I would recommend attacking it before NG+ because its alot harder once you roll the game . You dont need to be a crazy high level its more mechanic based . Some awesome weapons in the DLC

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2017, 08:31:14 AM »
Great game and I agree, do it before you go into new game plus. I did the DLC with my character on NG++ at about level 150 i think and it was brutal punishment.

But yea the co-op is a great help and as you found, you wont have any issues finding a summon. I remember playing Demons Souls again a few years ago and had no issues with co-op for a 2009 game. Bloodborne and the DS series certainly retain the fan base.
Praise the Sun!

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 01:07:43 PM »
I've progressed much further then I ever did before. It's pretty awesome. Each time I think to myself 'I'm getting too good/powerful for this area' I get murdered and lose a tonne of souls (blood, whatever it's called).

Found a boss I can't kill and no co-op partners came in :(

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2017, 01:33:10 PM »
Although the PvP invasion system doesn't seem as good as the Souls games

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2017, 08:18:29 AM »
Although the PvP invasion system doesn't seem as good as the Souls games

So, I stumbled upon a couple optional areas (I think they are optional) that are set to PvP. One area is shit , but the other one I get invaded virtually straight away . I guess this is where the pvpers hang out which is why I've never been invaded elsewhere? Doesn't bode well for being able to finish the area though :(

I think I'm a little under leveled for these areas, but will continue to try them tonight . Funnily enough, I thought I was following the main story path, so the fact they are probably optional areas also means that I have nfi what to do next as far as that's concerned

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2017, 08:33:04 AM »
There is an area where witches ring the invading bell constantly till you kill them . Its a real pain in the ass .

You can use the dungeons to level up too and they can be done co op .

Offline ghosthunter

• Clan Member
  • Gen X Gamer
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »
Yeah i remeber doing a fair bit of those challace dungeons i think was part of one of the trophies. I Sold my copy when i platnum'd it. Loved the DLCs.
Praise the Sun!