Currently:  

No Man's Sky

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #400 on: August 30, 2016, 02:04:54 PM »
The main things I can think of which are missing:

Ships were meant to be a discovery and nameable.
There was meant to be ship classes which had different stats (yet they are just shells)
Fleets of ships, plpl say they arent in the game, i personally have seen 6 or 7 massive freighters in a epic battle with 30 odd fighters.
The portals in game are there, but noone has been able to activate them? Doesnt mean they dont work, but we arent sure yet.
Multiplayer, Sean only ever said you will have a multiplayer experience like Dark Souls or Journey, and if you wanted COD then look elsewhere for that experience. But on the first day 2 plpl were on the same planet in the same location streaming but couldnt see eachother, i recall sources saying 1 was playing offline and the other online and servers where having issues so not sure exactly what the go was.
The centre, since plpl kept asking What do you do, Sean started saying there is a loose goal of getting to the centre of the galaxy, then this became known as the "end goal" of the game. When users got there
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 02:16:04 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #401 on: August 30, 2016, 02:26:21 PM »
I like NMS so if they add things I will be happy. I like naming things 'itchy plums' and 'Spaz knows shite'! These things make me laugh. Dinklebot made me laugh but now I just cringe with the poor replacement.

Note to self: Name next random thing 'Mix is a Mango'  :P

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #402 on: August 30, 2016, 02:38:34 PM »
A surprisingly apt comparison, but aside from the true open world nature that Destiny was portrayed as (and lets face it, the ‘story’ of Destiny still needs work), Bungie have addressed a large number of the original concerns and issues over time and I certainly hope that Hello Games and Mr Murray can do the same with NMS.
Not in my mind. From pre release I expected Destiny to be large, open world almost like NMS in a single solar system, crossed with Mass Effect story and rpg elements.
All we got was a basic shooter. Which had a fun co op side, especially raids. If I wasnt in wpr at the time, i would have stopped playing it after a week, as many plpl I know did.

I guess the same happened with the Division, ESO, as Destiny and NMS. Huge sales on release, player base dropped dramatically and only a small % of plpl who bought it continue to play.

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • Xbox Live: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #403 on: August 30, 2016, 08:48:02 PM »
 :dry: That guy in the video is a bit of a  :troll:

Just because he hasn't seen something so far - it doesn't exist in the game.

I've never seen Spaz, so does that mean he doesn't exist.....the mind boggles  :o

Pffft....if the game is that big, what are the chances he will see all those things seeing the game has only been out a few weeks.

I call whinging pom  ;D

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
« Reply #404 on: August 30, 2016, 10:11:41 PM »
With all the crap I am seeing online about NMS, I am still picking this up later when it is cheaper.
🐵💤

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #405 on: September 02, 2016, 12:25:00 AM »
I havent had any crashs or anything for days now.

But after the 1.07 patch, I had an incident where I ejected from my ship and someone bounced off a rock under the landscape. I had the underwater effect but couldnt break the terrain surface. It was quite funny, then finally I found a rock formation in a U shape, I was inside it and blasted my way out.

I had that happen also - but it was several patches ago. Was stuck under the land mass layer and was in the water. Had to find a spot where grenade could dig upwards.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #406 on: September 02, 2016, 10:32:51 AM »
:dry: That guy in the video is a bit of a  :troll:

Just because he hasn't seen something so far - it doesn't exist in the game.

I've never seen Spaz, so does that mean he doesn't exist.....the mind boggles  :o

Pffft....if the game is that big, what are the chances he will see all those things seeing the game has only been out a few weeks.

I call whinging pom  ;D
Spot on, most plpl are like this and its quite funny. People want instant gratification, yet then want unique replay-ability.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2016, 12:16:48 PM »
Many of the things in the 'missing feature list' have actually been seen in game. Eg. Canyons, rivers, large mountains, large creatures, mostly water worlds. etc.
You're absolutely right, we shouldn't have to hold developers to their word about what is in a game and the capabilities of it because hey, maybe they can patch in it in 6 to 12months and claim it was always there.
Reminds me of Ubisoft for the Division and Bungie with Destiny.
Probably best to take anything pre release with a grain of salt, see what is in games when they actually release.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2016, 12:58:05 PM »
I am glad to see the sub reddit doesnt have all the hostility that it used in previous weeks.
Now we are just seeing cool screenshots of people who are enjoying the game and sharing discoveries.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #409 on: September 02, 2016, 12:58:54 PM »
I am glad to see the sub reddit doesnt have all the hostility that it used in previous weeks.
Now we are just seeing cool screenshots of people who are enjoying the game and sharing discoveries.

I am hoping to find a portal soon

Offline Slexlaw

• Clan Member
  • What the deuce?
  • PSN: Slexlaw
  • Steam: Endangered Species
  • Xbox Live: Slexlaw
« Reply #410 on: September 05, 2016, 10:42:46 AM »
I am hoping to find a portal soon

I found one but couldn't make it work. Now I can't remember where it was for later.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #411 on: September 08, 2016, 04:37:27 PM »
A really interesting critical analysis of nms (spoilers only at the end and plenty of warning given).
Dont have to watch if you want to just listen (goes for an hour)

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #412 on: September 13, 2016, 03:10:52 PM »
Got the platinium for NMS. Still 160 000 light years from the centre, but done pretty much all that can be withing the games framework, other than learning all the languages.
I will still play it from time to time when I want to just chill. For me, I can easily just boot it up, fly around to check out a planet, explore and next things a few hours has passed.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #413 on: September 13, 2016, 03:27:44 PM »
Got the platinium for NMS. Still 160 000 light years from the centre, but done pretty much all that can be withing the games framework, other than learning all the languages.
I will still play it from time to time when I want to just chill. For me, I can easily just boot it up, fly around to check out a planet, explore and next things a few hours has passed.

Not sure how much I have left on the platinum. I know surviving hostile environment has been patched to be cumulative rather than having to do it consecutively on one planet.

Still have not booted the game up since my night of too many crashes - which was just after the first atlas location. One day I will have the mood to play it again - and it is the type of game you can continue your progress rather than start anew.

Rumours are that there will be some sort of game update soon - not just bug fix.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #414 on: September 13, 2016, 03:30:53 PM »
wow nice Rossi!

I will have to look at what you need for the Platinum. Refreshing a game doesn't have a MP component to reach the Platinum.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #415 on: October 02, 2016, 08:54:36 PM »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #416 on: October 29, 2016, 06:38:21 PM »
Hello Games Tweet ‘No Man’s Sky was a mistake’ And Set Twitter To Private
http://gamingvid.com/hello-games-tweet-no-mans-sky-mistake-set-twitter-private/
The Tweet was posted and taken down within 10 minutes with the account then being set to private, so the chances are Hello Games has been hacked and the account has been set to private to protect themselves from any other Tweets that are posted until they secure their account.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:43:19 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
« Reply #417 on: October 30, 2016, 10:14:44 AM »
Hello Games Tweet ‘No Man’s Sky was a mistake’ And Set Twitter To Private
http://gamingvid.com/hello-games-tweet-no-mans-sky-mistake-set-twitter-private/
The Tweet was posted and taken down within 10 minutes with the account then being set to private, so the chances are Hello Games has been hacked and the account has been set to private to protect themselves from any other Tweets that are posted until they secure their account.

There is more to this, I read that there was an email that went arpund as well and also that theybhave spoken out about the incident already.
🐵💤

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #418 on: October 30, 2016, 02:05:19 PM »
There is a heap of videos discussing this.
Supposedly it wasnt a hack but was a 'disgruntled employee' & has been resolved.
Sean Murray broke his 3 month (since release) twitter silence to make a joke about binging on Mr. Robot. Then has gone back into the shadows.

Supposedly emails where leaked and Sean  says in an email that they were pressured by Sony & the community to release without being ready. It also says they are not coping well.
This is one of the better videos about it

Tbh most have moved on and dont care anymore. The game had so much potential and should have been early Access. There is a good base (with the procedurally generated star systems ) but lack of story and gameplay elements is evident.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:15:24 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline Poweli

• Clan Member
  • Twisted one
  • Origin: Poweli
  • PSN: Poweli
« Reply #419 on: November 01, 2016, 10:34:08 PM »
So true but its a bit sad that it got pushed when it wasn't quite ready

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #420 on: November 19, 2016, 04:34:26 PM »

Offline Slexlaw

• Clan Member
  • What the deuce?
  • PSN: Slexlaw
  • Steam: Endangered Species
  • Xbox Live: Slexlaw
« Reply #421 on: November 21, 2016, 02:21:17 PM »

Sean Murray is secretly Kenny Everett? Why didn't they market No Man's Sky as Captain Kremmen online?

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #422 on: November 26, 2016, 11:28:28 AM »
http://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2016/11/26/no-mans-sky-developers-have-revealed-whats-next-for-the-game/

Hello Games have revealed that a brand new update is coming to the game this week. The update which is titled ‘The Foundation Update’ will bring base building to the game among other features. 

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #423 on: November 26, 2016, 11:44:09 AM »
It will interesting if they manage to fix alot of the original issues.
Unfortunately i personally think the lack of communication has done irreparable damage to hello games / nms and no matter the quality of the update, it would not get many players back.
Very similar to what happened to destiny in the early days and more recently the Division. These two had communication with the community but didnt deliver over the first few updates and lost the majority of the original player base.
I recently saw a fb gaming article about regrets buying games. It asked people to comment on their biggest gaming purchase regret. I was suprised to see destiny the top comment then the division 2nd and nms third, i would have expected nms first for most plp.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Clan Member
« Reply #424 on: November 26, 2016, 02:39:35 PM »
Pretty much agree with everything you said there Rossi, the game had such potential and promise but fell so flat.

The Division is a lot better now but still have core problems that can't really be changed.

Destiny has turned itself already and really rewarded the dedicated players, but it's still not what it could be, here's hoping Destiny 2 will deliver, at least we know it will get a sequel, I can't say the same about the division or NMS