Currently:  

No Man's Sky

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #450 on: March 11, 2017, 10:14:25 PM »
For those who still have the game but didn't enjoy exploring, the core gameplay is still similar but with more direction and things to work towards. I would suggest just messing around in Creative mode to build some base components  (base building is very compartmentalised like Subnautica), building the buggy and making race tracks and playing around with photo mode.

Is there any objective to building in the game?

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #451 on: March 13, 2017, 09:42:36 AM »
I didnt follow any information at the Foundation update which brought building in, but as far as I can tell there is.
You claim a habitable base to start (on any planet, and you can move it later), then you start building components. You can buy and find blueprints for more building components, which some are structural and some cosmetic.
You can build a construction terminal, then you need to employ a Gek 'builder' from a gek system space station, then he give you quests (which are mostly, go find an abandon building, bring back a recipe, bring me x of this rare resources etc..) and he gives you new blueprints for other terminals (which you employ other aliens). There is the construction terminal, Science terminal, exocraft terminal, agricultural terminal, weapons terminal (thats all ive unlocked so not sure if there is more).
Each gives you quests to then learn new blueprints etc. They are sorta all linked, i had to get the scientist to learn the Voltantic cell recipe, then need those cells for the next Builder BP to make weapon terminal etc..

Offline StoneColdHomer

• Leader
  • The Heartless Bastard
  • Origin: StoneColdHomer
  • PSN: StoneColdHomer
  • Steam: Stone_Cold_Homer
  • XBLive: StoneColdHomer
« Reply #452 on: March 14, 2017, 09:18:01 AM »
Another 4gb+ patch today

Saw it downloading this morning - no idea what it covers yet.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • XBLive: Slayer7744
« Reply #453 on: March 14, 2017, 10:08:24 AM »
https://www.pcgamesn.com/no-mans-sky/no-mans-sky-path-finder-update

Here are the patch notes for No Man's Sky patch 1.22:

At the moment, you can only build land vehicles on your home planet. This new patch will allow you take construct them wherever you wish, building one to assist you in your mining efforts on a distant moon, for example

HUD markers have been added to allow you to easily navigate back to an Exocraft Geobay
Fixed a bug that caused vehicle weapons and mining lasers not to drain charge
Fixed an issue which could cause the Starship cockpit to vanish when exiting
Fixed some freighter door texture issues
Fixed a rare crash when scanning from a vehicle
Fixed a rare crash when feeding creatures
Fixed an issue which caused weapons to miss-fire when using Plasma Launcher
During warp the quick menu now hides properly as intended

Offline Slexlaw

• Clan Member
  • What the deuce?
  • PSN: Slexlaw
  • Steam: Endangered Species
  • XBLive: Slexlaw
« Reply #454 on: March 17, 2017, 05:16:44 PM »
Is it just me or are the cameras seriously bad for driving the exocraft (in particular the big one), and the controls entirely unreasonable? i.e having to rotate the camera with the right stick to be able to turn?

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #455 on: March 17, 2017, 05:27:23 PM »
Is it just me or are the cameras seriously bad for driving the exocraft (in particular the big one), and the controls entirely unreasonable? i.e having to rotate the camera with the right stick to be able to turn?

Driving the big rig is a bloody pain. The camera is way too close and if you're in a ravine, you can't see sh*t.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #456 on: March 18, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »
The trick is to open Photo Mode, zoom fov right out out then exit photo mode. It stays at that fov

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #457 on: August 10, 2017, 07:41:53 AM »

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #458 on: August 11, 2017, 09:33:15 PM »
Huge No Man's Sky update about to drop all over your galaxies! Includes 30hrs of story, online co-op & more!

http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/08/11/no-mans-sky-atlas-rises-update-13-full-details-new-story-limited-co-op-much-more

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:48:02 PM by Slayer7744 »

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
« Reply #459 on: August 11, 2017, 09:47:47 PM »
The game has basically been rebooted and is what it should have been when it launched. I commend Hello Games for sticking with this game instead of just abandoning it.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #460 on: August 11, 2017, 11:14:10 PM »
Tomorrow I'll be jumping back in.
Not really wanting to restart from scratch since I got a freighter in survival mode  :grave:

6.194GB update for ps4.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:13:38 AM by M-Rossi »

Online raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2017, 09:30:53 AM »
That looks interesting. I've seen nms cheap on psn a few times; might consider it but not sure if I can handle both it and Elite Dangerous!

Offline Pihaboy

• Clan Member
  • Origin: pihaboy
  • PSN: pihaboy
  • XBLive: pihaboy
« Reply #462 on: August 12, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »
That looks interesting. I've seen nms cheap on psn a few times; might consider it but not sure if I can handle both it and Elite Dangerous!

Ive been considering it too because its in the current sale . Would be something to chip away at every now and then rather than my number 1 game .

This update is swinging it for me a bit .

Online raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #463 on: August 12, 2017, 09:58:11 AM »
Yep noticed it's only $21 . It is now sitting in my cart (along with a few other things) while I contemplate throwing more money at my wall of shame

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • XBLive: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #464 on: August 14, 2017, 10:13:06 AM »
It's already sitting on my Wall of Shame, I may have to dust it off.  Not even sure if it's still installed as I was running out of disk space the other day
I broke my sig :-(

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
  • Origin: SgtEeyore
  • PSN: SgtEeyore
  • Steam: SgtEeyore
« Reply #465 on: August 14, 2017, 11:05:01 AM »
Yep, might be worth downloading this again, as it is more inline with my current gaming pace.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #466 on: August 16, 2017, 12:22:42 PM »
as it is more inline with my current gaming pace.
My current gaming pace is terrible.
I want to get back into this and played an hr of nms a few nights ago was great. The low altitude fly change made it scary ensuring I didn't crash (esp since you need to repair the ship and I'm on survival mode)

Offline Poweli

• Clan Member
  • Twisted one
  • Origin: Poweli
  • PSN: Poweli
« Reply #467 on: August 30, 2017, 12:09:19 PM »
Im still playing it at times but after update my home base is gotta be changed as it now floats but the update has made a big difference

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Online raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #468 on: September 03, 2017, 08:54:21 AM »
I tired this after picking it up on sale once the patch was live, but haven't gone back since.

It started me on a toxic planet which was kind of annoying. But I played through to taking off in my ship and flying around a bit.

I had a few gripes that spoiled it for me, the first 2 may be due to lack of knowledge..

- I explored a few '?' that I could see, but even after seemingly unlocking what was there it remained a '?'. So it didn't take long for me to not know which ones I have and haven't been to. I thought maybe it's related to....

- I figured out to 'sell' exploration data, but you have to do this one at a time? Where is the sell all button? This got annoying fast

But finally, the sheer lack of inventory space. This is far to restrictive from the get go. It's not fun playing inventory management 90% of the time .

Went back to Elite Dangerous...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:56:41 AM by raz81 »

Offline PakHin_Heat

• Clan Member
  • PSN: pakhin_lau
« Reply #469 on: September 26, 2017, 07:10:27 PM »
The whole inventory management thing was a killer for me as well. Picked the game up on launch and played for about 2 weeks, but constantly had to manage my inventory whenever I did any exploration. After a while it just became a cycle of 'get materials, sort inventory'. Felt too much like going to work and I moved on from the game.
Will be interesting to see what's changed when I get some time to pick it back up.
Nintendo SW-0354-8208-4517