No Man's Sky

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
  • PSN: raz81
  • Steam: raz81
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #500 on: July 26, 2018, 05:26:22 PM »
Played for 3 hrs straight last night and it only crashed once when I was about to call it a night anyway.
Not a big deal.

I actually was enjoying it. It's still a bit resource management heavy for my liking (I just want space exploration lol) but way better then the last time I played

Offline Slexlaw

• Clan Member
  • What the deuce?
  • PSN: Slexlaw
  • Steam: Endangered Species
  • Xbox Live: Slexlaw
« Reply #501 on: July 27, 2018, 11:41:05 AM »
Worked okay for me last night. Avatar customisation was better than I expected.
I might join a multi-player game this evening.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #502 on: July 27, 2018, 04:44:54 PM »
So, I totally jinxed myself with the previous post.
After a big session last night it kept crashing constantly. Every few mins.
This morning I tried again and same issue, regardless of if I was in my own game or someone elses. I started a new save game, and still issues. At least that ruled out a corrupt save game.
I ended up deleting, rebuilding database, clearing some extra room on the HDD, and reinstalling.
5 hours of gaming later and not a single issue.

I'm probably 15 hours in and enjoying it. 12 months ago I quit before leaving the first planet

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #503 on: July 27, 2018, 04:59:06 PM »
I'm probably 15 hours in and enjoying it. 12 months ago I quit before leaving the first planet

I put 40+ hours into the last update, but dont see any new content to sink some time into. Elements have changed (possibly adding to the inventory management), multiplayer added, and slightly better graphics.

The first rover you build is really fun to drive around if you have a decent planet for yout base.

Last time I looked a freighter cost 115 million spacebucks, that was the only thing left for me to do (and im not doing that grind, even though the base building update makes it easier). I still can't paint my ship I assume, but at least they aren't trying to charge real $ for that privilege (yes, thats a dig at elite dangerous).

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #504 on: July 28, 2018, 02:56:16 PM »
Haha yeh I haven't seen a way to customise the ship, but I've only just got a new ship off the ground. Hopefully I'll unlock the car thing soon, coz that sounds good.

There is a scenario where you can get a free freighter. I have 1 and a frigate but haven't played with them yet much

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #505 on: July 28, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »
Haha yeh I haven't seen a way to customise the ship, but I've only just got a new ship off the ground. Hopefully I'll unlock the car thing soon, coz that sounds good.

There is a scenario where you can get a free freighter. I have 1 and a frigate but haven't played with them yet much

I saw people getting freighters early so I started a new game. Getting one as part of the game progression is new with the update. The grind has been increased for sure, and its harder to unlock more inventory space.

There are rumours about ship customisation being included as rewards for completing weekly tasks in future.

After installing last nights patch I had my first game crash. The game also doesnt run great, it was silky smooth 60fps@1080p before the update.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #506 on: July 29, 2018, 07:24:57 AM »
Last night I noticed that gek face textures were not loading, so I did a fresh install which fixed that issue. Several hours later the game is now crashing 1-2 minutes after loading any of my save files. Something is really broken.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #507 on: July 29, 2018, 11:00:24 AM »
Damn. That sounds similar to what happened to me. I thought 1.51 was meant to fix crashing, but I guess it didn't fix whatever is causing that.

Fwiw since I reinstalled and rebuilt i haven't crashed a single time (yet)

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #508 on: July 30, 2018, 08:26:43 AM »
Jees, sounds like you guys are spending almost as much time re-installing and trouble shooting than you are playing the game

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #509 on: July 30, 2018, 12:00:07 PM »
Had a great session yesterday afternoon with no problems. Game runs like like a sloth but otherwise enjoyable. Will have to remember to switch to 1080p next session.

EDIT: Kept crashing after every boot in the morning though. Reddit are assuming it has something to do with the PS4 Clock and the game getting confused with Aussie timezone. I could be getting this all wrong, that's just off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 12:05:07 PM by Slayer7744 »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #510 on: July 30, 2018, 02:21:40 PM »
Had a great session yesterday afternoon with no problems. Game runs like like a sloth but otherwise enjoyable. Will have to remember to switch to 1080p next session.

EDIT: Kept crashing after every boot in the morning though. Reddit are assuming it has something to do with the PS4 Clock and the game getting confused with Aussie timezone. I could be getting this all wrong, that's just off the top of my head.

My game ended up working fine again yesterday afternoon, no reinstall needed. At a certain time last night it again started the constant crashing. Fixed immediately after I changed the timezone on ps4    :o

I am enjoying the progression through the game, much better with the NEXT update. A bit of grinding to unlock all the base building but the resources are easy enough to find. Much more difficult to upgrade ship and multitool now as repairs need more than just credits.

I saw my first exotic ship last night land at an outpost. Looked like a giant golden pointy bird head but I couldnt afford it.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #511 on: July 31, 2018, 09:25:18 AM »
I started crashing at 2am again I think. Still constant crashing this morning.
Changed my time zone (I picked London +0 UTC) and changed my date format to mm/DD/yy ( probably not necessary) and it has fixed it

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #512 on: July 31, 2018, 11:36:48 AM »
If I re-download this will I have to start again?

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #513 on: July 31, 2018, 01:00:09 PM »

Apparently if you choose an old save, you get a new reboot but you're allowed to restore your old base through a questline. The next patch is meant to fix a few bugs related to that questline.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #514 on: July 31, 2018, 04:22:11 PM »

It may be better just to start fresh anyway to get the most out of the new additions. You start out with decent inventory space and In the first 5-10 hours you can have a base and a freighter.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #515 on: July 31, 2018, 04:29:45 PM »
I started crashing at 2am again I think. Still constant crashing this morning.
Changed my time zone (I picked London +0 UTC) and changed my date format to mm/DD/yy ( probably not necessary) and it has fixed it

Mine has started crashing the exact same time 3 nights in a row, exactly on the hour. (Not 2am, but i have slightly different timezone). What a strange bug. This time iut was still a bit laggy after changing timezone but at least playable. I also notice that the discovery tab is always laggy/ low fps.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #516 on: July 31, 2018, 10:41:49 PM »
I couldnt resolve a new lagging issue so decided to download fresh again. Game was lagging at about 5fps everytime i went to buy or sell.

Edit: which didnt fix the issue
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:18:15 PM by SmashedPumpkin »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2018, 08:57:21 AM »
SO I gave it a go last night, loaded my old save first just to see how it went, after studying the control and trying to remind myself of the basics I set about exploring the world I was last on. Quickly remembered how annoying it was to have to refill life support, shields, thermal protection, radiation etc.. but persisted. Not sure if it'll get me back, maybe I need to try a fresh game to see how it plays out new, but I'm thinking this style / genre just might not be for me, at least not at this point in time.

Also, what exactly determines the value of ships etc... the 'class C' ship I had on my old save was worth about 4x the amount of an exotic ship I saw and would let me swap it for free if I wanted. I get the exotic ship has % mulitpliers, but it only had 15+2 cargo slots, my C class ship had like 40+4
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 12:38:58 PM by AkyraStrike »

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #518 on: August 01, 2018, 07:57:51 PM »
SO I gave it a go last night, loaded my old save first just to see how it went, after studying the control and trying to remind myself of the basics I set about exploring the world I was last on. Quickly remembered how annoying it was to have to refill life support, shields, thermal protection, radiation etc.. but persisted. Not sure if it'll get me back, maybe I need to try a fresh game to see how it plays out new, but I'm thinking this style / genre just might not be for me, at least not at this point in time.

Also, what exactly determines the value of ships etc... the 'class C' ship I had on my old save was worth about 4x the amount of an exotic ship I saw and would let me swap it for free if I wanted. I get the exotic ship has % mulitpliers, but it only had 15+2 cargo slots, my C class ship had like 40+4

I found more enjoyment from the game because there are some missions to provide goals. Base building, freighters and a second main quest (only had atlas path on release) give you something to aim for. Resources are very easy to find with the update, and refilling everything can be done with a new d-pad menu (press down on dpad, select the battery icon and press up on d-pad) - still has some monotonous resource gathering though.

The class of ship does determine the %multipliers, and you may find that the classes have been rebalanced. I have not seen any class C ship come close to the storage capacity of my current class A (or is it S) ship - and mine is a fighter. Ship value would be a formula of capacity and class, and you can own 3 after you get a freighter.

Offline Poweli

• Clan Member
  • Twisted one
  • Origin: Poweli
  • PSN: Poweli
« Reply #519 on: August 01, 2018, 10:16:30 PM »
Looks like ill have to blow the dust off it again i would like to enjoy it again.
Gave up on it when it was a bit glitchy.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #520 on: August 02, 2018, 09:17:28 AM »
I found more enjoyment from the game because there are some missions to provide goals. Base building, freighters and a second main quest (only had atlas path on release) give you something to aim for. Resources are very easy to find with the update, and refilling everything can be done with a new d-pad menu (press down on dpad, select the battery icon and press up on d-pad) - still has some monotonous resource gathering though.

The class of ship does determine the %multipliers, and you may find that the classes have been rebalanced. I have not seen any class C ship come close to the storage capacity of my current class A (or is it S) ship - and mine is a fighter. Ship value would be a formula of capacity and class, and you can own 3 after you get a freighter.

I did pick up a mission to check it out, definitely a nice addition to give some structure to play when you're in the mood for it.

I see, so once I have a freighter I can have a couple of ships to suit different roles, thats good to know. I did end up swapping my old C Class 'fighter' for an Exotic ship I saw (cost me nothing) as losing the cargo space wasnt such a big deal right now and I figure the +% would be nice. Its odd looking when landed as it just looks like a single fin sticking straight up, but when you take off it splits and the wings fold down under the body to create proper wings, kinda neat.

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
« Reply #521 on: August 03, 2018, 08:55:10 AM »

I see, so once I have a freighter I can have a couple of ships to suit different roles, thats good to know. I did end up swapping my old C Class 'fighter' for an Exotic ship I saw (cost me nothing) as losing the cargo space wasnt such a big deal right now and I figure the +% would be nice. Its odd looking when landed as it just looks like a single fin sticking straight up, but when you take off it splits and the wings fold down under the body to create proper wings, kinda neat.

Interesting exotic ship - I have still only seen 1 exotic, definitely want to pick one up for myself one day. Happy with my fighter in terms of storage but it has a terrible paint job.

I have noticed there is a 3rd currency in the game (quicksilver I think), maybe will be some kind of weekly rewards - and im hoping that will lead to ship customisation.

I have shelved the game for now because of performance issues, getting 5fps (or less) everytime I wanted to sell or buy was giving me a headache.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #522 on: August 03, 2018, 07:14:31 PM »
I've started to grow a fair few plants in my base, anyone's welcome to drop in and pick stuff up.

The base building and quest has certainly kept me busy, I haven't really gone out exploring much.
I found that you can upgrade modules on the multi tool.. I have 1x S and 2x A Scanner upgrades and now scanning things on a planet nets heaps of money. 35k for a plant and up to 200k for a critter. This'll be great for getting out and about!
The game has been extremely strange for me today. Could just be luck, but there was a patch last night so maybe that helped.

Offline raz81

• Clan Member
  • Troll Master
« Reply #523 on: August 11, 2018, 08:06:30 AM »
1.55 patch is out and addresses a tonne of issues.
Had a good session on it last night