Crucible

Offline CallFire

• Commoner
  • Centre of your universe, deep inside your mind
Crucible
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:18:29 PM »
I feel like with its own board the Crucible deserves its own thread.

Everyone seems to be hating on Skirmish but I actually really enjoyed it, as long as you've got a fireteam and not randoms.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
  • Origin: AroGantz
  • PSN: AroGantz
  • Steam: AroGantz
Re: Crucible
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
I've only had randoms, and it has sucked.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline MooseWrangler

• Clan Member
  • Wranglin' ain't easy
  • Origin: MooseWrang1er
  • PSN: M00SEWR4NGLER_
  • Steam: moosewrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 04:31:03 PM »
Haven't spent much time in the Crucible. I think 4 games all up. I am willing to give it a shot though

Offline abpages

• Clan Member
    • Above&Beyond Web design
  • PSN: abpages
  • Xbox Live: abpages
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 04:32:36 PM »
I've played a fair bit of Control and Clash but no Skirmish yet. I'll be on later tonight around 9:30-10pm if anyone is around.

Offline CallFire

• Commoner
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 04:47:24 PM »
I've played a fair bit of Control and Clash but no Skirmish yet. I'll be on later tonight around 9:30-10pm if anyone is around.

If I can I'll try and join you.

Offline Mictlancihuatl

• Clan Member
  • Birthday Monitor
  • Kunoichi
  • Origin: Mictlancihuatl
  • PSN: Mictlancihuatl
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »
as long as you've got a fireteam and not randoms.

This will be the key.

Offline kunfushun

• Clan Member
  • DoTA2/Overwatch Addict
  • Origin: kunfushun
  • PSN: kunfushun
  • Steam: _kunfushun
  • Xbox Live: theKunfushun
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 05:56:08 PM »
I have a friendly skirmish with some mates over in DoTA2 tonight but if I can get on earlier Ill try to join up if there is space.
🐵💤

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:51:20 PM »
We had some top games of Control tonight with Callum, Lara, AB and myself representing. Sorry I had to go AB but I hit the wall pretty quickly there, was good playing with you though and will catch up again.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline abpages

• Clan Member
    • Above&Beyond Web design
  • PSN: abpages
  • Xbox Live: abpages
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 11:55:31 PM »
No worries mate, was good fun once I was on your team!  Might catch yas tomorrow if you are on.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 12:04:08 AM »
For sure mate.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline James

• Clan Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 03:58:42 PM »
Great to see that this is balanced for the newer players  :troll:

Offline Barnzini

• Clan Member
  • Universal Religion
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »
Great to see that this is balanced for the newer players  :troll:

Protip. level up your class abilities and find a assault riffle ( blue one with buffs at a min) with a really high ROF and thank me later.....  :troll:

My first game in MP i got completely destroyed, I'm talking maybe 3-30. I've never suffered a beat down like that since MW2 days but after leveling the class and weapons it does get a bit easier.

Bladedancer for life yo  :troll:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:56:40 PM by Barnzini »

Offline James

• Clan Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »
Pretty sure I'm not doing any damage at all, constantly one shotted. Think I'll just leave the crucible bounties for now    >:(

Offline CallFire

• Commoner
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 07:10:01 PM »
Ok I need some tips, I was having an ok time before but now I'm just getting thrown into these games with ridiculously high level players and getting slaughtered. I go down in less than a second but have to unload at least a minimum of one full clip to take anyone else out, which of course is quite rare. I like the gameplay but really need to figure out how to improve my competitive capability.

Offline James

• Clan Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 07:15:51 PM »
Use an auto rifle and just aim for the head

Offline CallFire

• Commoner
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 07:19:14 PM »
Use an auto rifle and just aim for the head
I have to survive long enough though....

Offline James

• Clan Member
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 08:33:55 PM »
Haha fair enough. Basically just camp until you get a feel for the game. It took me a while to get used to it at first too

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 09:16:14 AM »
Ok I need some tips

Not sure I can provide too many other than start off playing Control, as its more focused.   Follow and don't lead initially, so you can learn the maps/routes and use team mates as shields ;)  It never ends well for me if I run off/in by myself, end up facing 2+ enemies as once and tend to get 1 then slaughtered.

A good starting combo is the auto rifle and a shoti, well for me anyway.  If you are in tight or close quarters, in small corridors etc, switch to ya shoti or fusion rifle and let them come to you, preferable round a corner and straight into ye shoti :)    On the more open/vehicle maps, the shoti aint soo effective, so rock a sniper or fusion.

The mini-map is key as well, not just for watching but for knowing how you appear on someone elses, its only 2D and the action is 3D.  A lot of players still dont look up enuff, so use that to your advantage and go airborne when ye can.

If the lobby your in has 2 or more laggy opponents, bail and find a new one.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 10:35:32 AM »
I find that if you re not in a group you get owned, so just follow the others around and you have a chance.

Offline FonzieM

• Clan Member
  • PSN: FonzieM
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 10:24:07 AM »
I must admit i don't think i'm very good at cruicble. But i seem to get through the daily pve bounties so quickly now that i might as well try the crucible ones :P

I've also gotten a few exotic bounties that has forced me to get into the crucible so that's another reason for joining in.

I do tend to prefer control as it just seems a lot more mission focused than just running around killing things.
When is salvage coming back?

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 11:04:28 AM »
My only tip for the crucible is never run alone. Always make sure you are running into enemies with teammates. 

Offline blue_bear1

• Officer
  • There can be only one
  • Origin: bluebbear1
  • PSN: blue_bear1
  • Steam: blue_bear1
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »
Lol i discarded all the exotic bounties i had. I am not planning on playing the crucible at all.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »
I have kept one that made go there, as a rule I stay away though. I wish they had private rooms where we could have some clan fun.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 02:45:59 AM »
Lol i discarded all the exotic bounties i had. I am not planning on playing the crucible at all.

There is one exotic bounty (A Voice in the Wilderness) doesn't involve Crucible. I completed it this week, the reward is a Machine Gun called Super Good Advice. The best perk it has is that most bullets that miss the target return to the clip.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 07:34:27 AM »

There is one exotic bounty (A Voice in the Wilderness) doesn't involve Crucible. I completed it this week, the reward is a Machine Gun called Super Good Advice. The best perk it has is that most bullets that miss the target return to the clip.

Yeah SGA was my first exotic bounty. Great that it didn't need the crucible but it's the chattiest gun in history. I still haven't fully upgraded it fully.