Crucible

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
Re: Crucible
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »
Iron banner selling light level 36 gloves, levelling only needs glimmer and materials

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2015, 12:00:55 PM »
I might be up for some crucible tonight.. really want to get the crucible part of the Thorn bounty done.. in saying that Dragon Age might lure me away.

Offline James

• Clan Member
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »
For anyone that hasn't leveled up iron banner yet, it is super easy today. 120xp (I think) with the buff, shader and emblem along with 200xp per bounty.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2015, 12:33:50 PM »
For anyone that hasn't leveled up iron banner yet, it is super easy today. 120xp (I think) with the buff, shader and emblem along with 200xp per bounty.

Yeah super quick, played 10 rounds of iron banner yesterday with emblem and buff active, completed two or three of their bounties and already level 2. With the armour shader I prob could have reached level 3

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:43:34 PM by euphoricx »

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2015, 07:05:05 PM »
I have decided I get far too enraged playing crucible lol.. I was doing the bounty for Thorn (500 void kills) and even though I did it in a few hours, it frustrated me to no end. Was happy I finally picked up the trophy for killing 1 of each class without dying too.  :)

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2015, 09:11:13 PM »
I have decided I get far too enraged playing crucible lol.. I was doing the bounty for Thorn (500 void kills) and even though I did it in a few hours, it frustrated me to no end. Was happy I finally picked up the trophy for killing 1 of each class without dying too.  :)

Nice, just got that trophy today also

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »
So after turning in the bounties yesterday I got the Bad Juju bounty.. really don't know if I can go through so much crucible.. knew I should've taken the pocket infinity bounty lol

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
So after turning in the bounties yesterday I got the Bad Juju bounty.. really don't know if I can go through so much crucible.. knew I should've taken the pocket infinity bounty lol

I wasn't a fan of the juju Akyra until I was told about its super cooldown perk, super handy for any class in the Crota's End, especially against thrall.  Also handy in the conflux section of Atheon. 

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2015, 11:50:52 AM »
I want to get Juju.. if anything just because I'm a horder of exotics.. but I don't know if my sanity can stand the 10,000 crucible points part of the bounty.

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2015, 11:55:20 AM »
I want to get Juju.. if anything just because I'm a horder of exotics.. but I don't know if my sanity can stand the 10,000 crucible points part of the bounty.

That's a bit misleading. You can get the points in about 3 good games.

JuJu was my second ever exotic bounty and whilst it's a pretty gun I find it pretty useless.

Offline Pat

• Spammer
  • Origin: AroGantz
  • PSN: AroGantz
  • Steam: AroGantz
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »

It is, the fact I have this weapon tells you that the crucible part isn't all that bad, I have deleted the other crucible bounties.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2015, 12:06:09 PM »

Actually now that I think of it, it might not be so bad, From the guide I read it says:

The Bounty PvP Points are not the same as the PvP Points. For every Titan / Hunter Kill or Assist you get 25 Points and for every Warlock Kill or Assist you get 75 Points. There is no Point penalty if you die.

Even splitting the difference and saying 50 points per kill / assist it's about 200 kills, quicker if you get more warlocks, slower if not.. I did 250 odd kills yesterday just doing the Thorn bounty.

I guess it's also a good chance for me to get some crucible marks as I really want the saterienne rapier scout rifle that the crucible guy sells.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2015, 12:48:23 PM »

I guess it's also a good chance for me to get some crucible marks as I really want the saterienne rapier scout rifle that the crucible guy sells.

Normally I dont use scout rifles but the Saterienne Rapier is great esp when fully upgraded, been using it a lot lately for pve.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2015, 02:04:35 PM »
Normally I dont use scout rifles but the Saterienne Rapier is great esp when fully upgraded, been using it a lot lately for pve.

I love scout's, I've got the 2 vanguard ones (badger and Another NITC), but the Saterienne looks better overall. I'm guessing it costs 130 marks + crucible commendation? I've only got about 50 marks, looks like it might be an opportunity for me to go for the maximum crucible marks trophy lol

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 09:50:02 AM »
Ended up 96 or something before you rudely left mix  :P

I'm going to jump on again tonight before the Raid.

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2015, 10:39:15 AM »
Ended up 96 or something before you rudely left mix  :P

I'm going to jump on again tonight before the Raid.

Yeah i'm on 114. And i didnt leave... i was BABOONED!!

It's really annoying. I have recently changed my router, but have had a few nights of nothing happening and then some nights where the ape hits me a few times.
I've put my PS4 in the DMZ hoping it might stop it from happening again. Didn't happen again after crucible though.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
Ok so I put in 3 quick rounds last night to try and see how I'd go with the bad juju bounty (10,000 points). I played control and kinda just camped the control points, and all I can say is Suros Regime just owns the crucible. I did 24/11, 19/6 and 21/6 and have got about 2100 of the 10,000 points needed.  :up:

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 09:32:22 AM »
Yeah Suros is my go to in crucible. Except for the thorn bounty... damn void damage. Though only having a void sniper rifle has made me a better sniper :P

I've also used Hard Light... that's not too bad with the ammo perk. Not as powerful as Suros, but makes up for it with high RoF and twice the bullets. Helped me clean up in a panic when things got too close for my Praedyths Revenge.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2015, 09:40:39 AM »
After doing the thorn bounty I actually stuck with using the void sniper I have as it has a 6 clip and it's zoom felt right. The one I have also has the same critical hit explosiveness as Praedyths Revenge so it really acts like a 331 PR.

I don't have hard light, the load out I was using was Suros Regime, LDR 5001 Sniper & Hunger of Crota. I used the Crota raid auto rifle Abyss Defiant for a little but it felt like a weak Suros (not a bad alternative though if you need an exotic in another slot)

Online spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2015, 09:43:43 AM »
I finally finished the Thorn void crucible part of the bounty. What a grind as I only had Atheon's Epilogue which is void. Decided to complete the Salvage trophy as well while doing it. Salvage is a odd game type. But completed now so no more I reckon.

I've got about 3000 of the 10000 points of the JUJU bounty. For some reason I thought it was a different bounty but now I'm halfway through it I'll keep going. Add it to the other JUJU I don't use  :(

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »
I tried to get into salvage (still need the trophy too) but it just couldn't find a game for me  :o

Speaking of exotic bounties, does anybody know if you get a second exotic bounty thing but it's only giving me 2 options, is that because I have 1 active already, and if I finish the active one will it give me a third option?

I ask because the 2 options it's giving me is thorn again or invective, which I have both already, the only exotic bounty I haven't finished is Pocket Infinity so I'm hoping it comes up.

Offline euphoricx

• Clan Member
  • Nice to mole you
    • euphoricx channel
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »

Ok so I put in 3 quick rounds last night to try and see how I'd go with the bad juju bounty (10,000 points). I played control and kinda just camped the control points, and all I can say is Suros Regime just owns the crucible. I did 24/11, 19/6 and 21/6 and have got about 2100 of the 10,000 points needed.  :up:

Agreed, Suros is a beast in Crucible.. definitely my favourite weapon. Stable and powerful, great for long range headshots. Part of the reason why I scrapped my first hard light (too much recoil, but kept the second hard light for pve)

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
I tried to get into salvage (still need the trophy too) but it just couldn't find a game for me  :o

Speaking of exotic bounties, does anybody know if you get a second exotic bounty thing but it's only giving me 2 options, is that because I have 1 active already, and if I finish the active one will it give me a third option?

I ask because the 2 options it's giving me is thorn again or invective, which I have both already, the only exotic bounty I haven't finished is Pocket Infinity so I'm hoping it comes up.

You only got 2 options because you probably have the 3rd option it was going to give you active already. Don't know why it doesn't just give you another one instead, but it must be a preset 3 each time.

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2015, 11:32:46 AM »
You only got 2 options because you probably have the 3rd option it was going to give you active already. Don't know why it doesn't just give you another one instead, but it must be a preset 3 each time.

Ahh, yeah that makes sense, may as well scrap it then, cheers mix

Offline AkyraStrike

• Officer
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2015, 09:32:23 AM »
Finally decided to finish off the Bad Juju bounty last night, this is how you finish it off in style.. going 25 / 4 with a 14 kill streak in the middle: