Offline MooseWrangler

• Clan Member
  • Wranglin' ain't easy
  • Origin: MooseWrang1er
  • PSN: M00SEWR4NGLER_
  • Steam: moosewrangler
Exotic Weapon Bounty
« on: September 22, 2014, 09:28:39 AM »
So over the weekend I was lucky enough to get an Exotic Weapon Bounty off the Bounty Bot.

I had a choice of "A Light in the Dark", "Tolands Legacy", and "A Dubious Task".

Knowing what they all give out, Tolands gives an exotic Pulse rifle, Dubious gives a shotgun, and Light in Dark gives the hand cannon 'Thorn', I went with a Light in the Dark.

to start with it was pretty simple:
Go to the summoning pits strike and kill a certain boss.
then.
Kill 500 Hive, also quite easy,

next up I have to get the 500 points in the Crucible using void damage. since I only have a Sniper and heavy machine gun I am having trouble with this as it's 5 points for a kill with void, and minus 2 for a death, any death. I am in the market for a Void damage shotgun or Fusion rifle. So until I find or buy one of those I'm a bit stalled as I might get a few kills per game the deaths slowly whittle it back down.

after this comes the tricky part. A level 26 Summoning Pits strike appears and you have to grind all the way to Phogoth. but not kill him. you have to kill his minions for a few waves until a special target appears and kill that target, and then you will get access to Thorn.

So once I get through the 500 crucible crap I'll be recruiting for the level 26 strike.

Anyone else have this Bounty, or either of the others?

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
Re: Exotic Weapon Bounty
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 09:33:08 AM »
ummmmm this is a massive task!

Is the how destiny will last 10 years? I doubt I'll ever get close to lvl 26 but would be keen to watch whoever you get to do this with. Perhaps twitch it if your connection allows?

Offline MooseWrangler

• Clan Member
  • Wranglin' ain't easy
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 09:39:59 AM »
ummmmm this is a massive task!

Is the how destiny will last 10 years? I doubt I'll ever get close to lvl 26 but would be keen to watch whoever you get to do this with. Perhaps twitch it if your connection allows?

Yeah I should be able to stream this. will let you know.

I believe Jykel also has this bounty and is up to the last bit.

one thing that kinda sux is that if I where playing a Warlock I'd be able to smash out the crucible part fairly easy. but as a hunter, none of my supers/ abilities use void, so I have to do it the hard way

Offline Pat

• Spammer
  • Origin: AroGantz
  • PSN: AroGantz
  • Steam: AroGantz
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »
I'll be happy to tag along if I'm around, I hit 27 last night but we are going away from Thursday until Monday.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline MooseWrangler

• Clan Member
  • Wranglin' ain't easy
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 09:54:59 AM »
I'll be happy to tag along if I'm around, I hit 27 last night but we are going away from Thursday until Monday.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

sweet will let you know

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 10:34:59 AM »
Being a warlock didn't make much difference Moose.   Void Fusion Rifle is the way to do it, and you need to be running a positive K/D, as the minus 2 from the deaths is a killer.

I was sitting on like 30 of 500 or below for a while til I figured out Void weapons are the key, then I got that 500 in an afternoon (maybe 7 or 8 games).   

Take your time, then next phase of the bounty is near impossible.  If you thought the Hallowed Wizards on the weekly strike were tough, the bounty strike has them super shielded and more aggressive!

Offline MooseWrangler

• Clan Member
  • Wranglin' ain't easy
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 10:36:40 AM »
Being a warlock didn't make much difference Moose.   Void Fusion Rifle is the way to do it, and you need to be running a positive K/D, as the minus 2 from the deaths is a killer.

I was sitting on like 30 of 500 or below for a while til I figured out Void weapons are the key, then I got that 500 in an afternoon (maybe 7 or 8 games).   

Take your time, then next phase of the bounty is near impossible.  If you thought the Hallowed Wizards on the weekly strike were tough, the bounty strike has them super shielded and more aggressive!

Yeah it sounds pretty brutal.

just need to get me a good void damage special and I should be right.

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 11:15:40 AM »
I chose that bounty aswell as I wanted the hand cannon over the pulse rifle and shotgun.

I'm up to the 500 crucible points with void damage. I don't have a gun that does void damage so I'm pretty screwed.

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 02:19:17 PM »
Given the crucible does weapon n level balancing, even a crappy green void fusion rifle will do the job.  I found the shotgun or sniper not as good for my style, couldn't keep my k/d positive.

I started with a low level green one before I finally got a decent rare one, just don't use it in PvE ;) 

Offline Larajade

• Clan Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »
you need to be running a positive K/D, as the minus 2 from the deaths is a killer.

That's me out. No way I'd get 500 points. My kdr is far below positive.

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »
you need to be running a positive K/D, as the minus 2 from the deaths is a killer.

That's me out. No way I'd get 500 points. My kdr is far below positive.

What she said

Offline Slayer7744

• Leader
  • Fear is an illusion
    • YouTube
  • Origin: Slayer7744
  • PSN: Slayer7744
  • Steam: Slayer7744
  • Xbox Live: Slayer7744
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 04:25:19 PM »
Given the crucible does weapon n level balancing, even a crappy green void fusion rifle will do the job.  I found the shotgun or sniper not as good for my style, couldn't keep my k/d positive.

I started with a low level green one before I finally got a decent rare one, just don't use it in PvE ;)

Already tried the fusion rifle, terrible. By the time it charges up, I'm dead  >:(

Offline Kalys

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Katlyst
  • PSN: Katelyst
  • Xbox Live: StrikingKestrel
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 09:14:31 PM »
im doing it as well, i am building it up if slowly, after about 4 matches i am sitting at ~30 kills into my 500
(im getting the hand cannon)

Offline MooseWrangler

• Clan Member
  • Wranglin' ain't easy
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 12:20:01 AM »

Already tried the fusion rifle, terrible. By the time it charges up, I'm dead  >:(
Yeah I hate the fusion rifle too, shot gun is more my style
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:25:23 AM by MooseWrangler »

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 10:55:33 AM »
glad I am not the only one that doesn't like the fusion rifle.   took me a while to get the duck behind cover, charge, come out shooting.  that or just follow others and steal their kills ;)

Offline mimix

• Clan Member
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 12:21:57 PM »
Hot damn!! Just got me the Thorn hand cannon last night.

I really hated doing the 500 crucible points. When everyone is blitzing autos and you have to wait for the damn charge cycle on a fusion. Even tho I got one with a fast charge, I almost had to run around constantly half charging to get some quick shots off.

That last part of the bounty was crazy!! Now I know why they call him "the unwed", a complete psycho!!

Happy to help anyone else with any bounties too.