• GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
Re: IGN Review
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 09:47:54 AM »
I sort of agree with the review. Overall I really like the game but as I can't put big hours into it I find the weekly resets will kill it for me. Other than repeating the strikes and stories when I can I won't have an opportunity to do a RAID.

So far 3.5 SPAZ's

Offline Barnzini

• Clan Member
  • Universal Religion
Re: IGN Review
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 10:06:14 AM »
Might aswell put this one in here aswell. This bloke goes other the top in most reviews but this one feels about spot on

Offline plasmapuff

• Clan Member
  • Origin: liqn7
  • PSN: plasmapuff
  • Steam: plasmapuff
Re: Destiny Review
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 01:06:53 PM »
I think this review sums it up most for me:
http://www.gamefront.com/destiny-review-safe-conservative-and-boring/

I just can't get into it.

Lack of story, diversity and unrewarding RPG elements kill it for me.

Back to D3 and Borderlands hopefully soon :)

Offline Pat

• Spammer
  • Origin: AroGantz
  • PSN: AroGantz
  • Steam: AroGantz
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 01:28:28 PM »
I think this review sums it up most for me:
http://www.gamefront.com/destiny-review-safe-conservative-and-boring/

I just can't get into it.

Lack of story, diversity and unrewarding RPG elements kill it for me.

Back to D3 and Borderlands hopefully soon :)

Different strokes, I have put 65+ hours in to Destiny so far but was very bored with D3 after 20.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline SgtEeyore

• Clan Member
  • the lazy leader
  • Braaaains!
  • Origin: SgtEeyore
  • PSN: SgtEeyore
  • Steam: SgtEeyore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »
wow, just wow. so glad i didnt buy this....an hour for 3 people to beat a boss and 3 hours for a strike???...i only get an hour to play games once per week.

from that, it just confims it's like the worst parts of borderlands and warframe tied together.

Offline plasmapuff

• Clan Member
  • Origin: liqn7
  • PSN: plasmapuff
  • Steam: plasmapuff
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »
My main issue is the lack of story or lore to get you emotionally invested in the gameplay which itself alone is quite solid. None of the world or enemies have any character (unlike borderlands).

Also variety is woeful. Samey feel of enemies (appearance and behaviour), guns, tagged on RPG system, classes and missions (corridor shooting) Its the same missions on the same 4 maps...

All this combines for me to make the grind not worthwhile.

This is the supposed pinnacle of the end game and it has the samey feel as the beginning (plus it takes 4 hrs):

You do more damage but the bosses just become bigger bullet sponges where you shoot the "weak" bit.

Whereas Borderlands for me had a wacky story with great humour and character and diverse weapons and skill trees which actually changed your gameplay. I put 300 hrs into borderlands 2 but have given up on destiny after 12.

This is another eloquent review: http://users.on.net/~dmyles/

YMMV :P
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:37:04 PM by plasmapuff »

Offline Pat

• Spammer
  • Origin: AroGantz
  • PSN: AroGantz
  • Steam: AroGantz
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »
I agree the story is weak and no comparison to Borderlands, but unless they made Borderlands for current gen it is in my past as I won't buy for last gen now. Diablo 3 however was also an extremely weak story and Blizzards idea of variety was to play the same story on four different difficulties which bored me enough to not want to buy the DLC.

Bungie will need to bring new content out pretty fast though as the same Strikes over and over is going to get old quickly.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline CallFire

• Commoner
  • Centre of your universe, deep inside your mind
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 05:46:22 PM »
I have really enjoyed it when in co-op but agree the story and general grind don't really appeal to me but when you've got a good fire team those strikes can at the same time feel like a slog but with a massive pay off at the end.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »
This is interesting to me because I didn't really follow Destiny much until a month before its launch.
Post from Bungie Forum Regarding what was shown of Destiny pre beta in E3 2013.

Remember when the game was toted as open world? Remember when your friends joined your game and it looked cool as their ship did a fly by dropping them off? Remember when you could *choose* to call out your ghost to light the way and he'd find a way to turn on the lights without your help? Remember when Dinklebot had more personality and made jokes? Remember how much more epic public events were when the background structures were altered by the giant ships coming down? Remember when you met the Queen's brother on Earth and he pointed a gun at you? Yeah, neither do I...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:52:35 PM by M-Rossi »

Offline Leinad300

• Clan Member
  • Origin: Leinad300
  • PSN: Leinad300
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 03:46:21 PM »
For whatever reason the game was not what it intended to be. And it's not just little different, it is significantly different. It feels like we have been given a bare bone game, very disappointing as it had a huge potential.
Anyway I still play it, still enjoy it for now anyway.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »

Go to 2.20 and see how much they ' exaggerated '  :P

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 10:05:06 AM »
Really interesting video:

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 08:15:05 AM »
Angry Joe review is out.
I like how he tells it how it is for the most part. Gives credit where it's due and gives constructive criticism

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »
Angry Joe review is out.
I like how he tells it how it is for the most part. Gives credit where it's due and gives constructive criticism

Angry Joe was blacklisted by bungie after his original Destiny review, thus he has no incentive to sugar coat anything. That is a major problem with modern gaming "journalism" - saying something negative can result in never being invited to events or getting early review copies.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »
Angry Joe review is out.

Angry Joe was blacklisted by bungie after his original Destiny review, thus he has no incentive to sugar coat anything.

Was that the review where he asked 'WTF is this shit after the original vid and gameplay they showed ended up being nothing like the game???' I thought he was pretty accurate!

Offline SmashedPumpkin

• Officer
  • PSN: SmashedPumpkinG_
  • Steam: smashedpumpking
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »
Angry Joe review is out.

Angry Joe was blacklisted by bungie after his original Destiny review, thus he has no incentive to sugar coat anything.

Was that the review where he asked 'WTF is this shit after the original vid and gameplay they showed ended up being nothing like the game???' I thought he was pretty accurate!

Yeah. Was accurate, but trying to control media coverage ultimately leads to more sales