Destiny: Weekly Strikes

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
  • PSN: Jykel
Destiny: Weekly Strikes
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:40:16 AM »
I thought I would create another thread for people providing tips or looking for help with the Weekly Nightfall or Heroic Strikes.

Moose and I made it through Nightfall last night, thanks to Hasan for more than helping out.

Apologies Lara & Pat, we almost had it but I was just too tired for another attempt.   More than happy to help out this evening.  On a positive, we went back to orbit less times and Moose, H and I :)

Tips for this week, patience.  Arc Burn is on in Nightfall, and it benefits the enemies more than us, the Knights and Wizards will one shot kill you with a volley of their arc projectiles, fun times.

Make sure one team mate has Arc and at least one has some Solar, for the Wizards shields.   Make use of the corridor prior to the big room with all the knights and wizards, and we made use of the starting room for the Boss fight.

If a team mate goes down, don't rush in straight away for the revive, wait til you clear a few enemies or they back off (unless you have an invis Hunter onboard :))

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
  • Origin: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • PSN: spazmanaught, stonecoldspaz
  • Steam: spazmanaught
  • Xbox Live: spazmanaught
Re: Destiny: Weekly Strikes
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 09:46:26 AM »
yeah Mix, bb and me found out the hard way about the arc problem this week. We managed to grind all the way down but Mix and me went down and BB backed away to wait and it killed us all? Seems like BB backing away made it think she was dead. We will attempt again tonight after heading to the tower and buying the correct weapons for the assault!

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
  • PSN: M-Rossi
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:54:07 AM »
It was a tough one but Jykel coved the main points.
James, Dragon and i died twice at the big room halfway through the strike; when the 4 wizards rush you in the third phase. Running back to the corridor and sniping with the ice breaker did the trick.
We mainly used special ammo, having an ice breaker charge up to 6 then switching to my legendary  arc sniper gave me 11 bullets. Run out switch ice breaker, charge up, switch back and viola 11 bullets. A decent arc sniper takes knights blue shields down in 1 hit then another 1-2 kills them. Wizards need a few solar shots to take shield then a few more to die.
The final boss is easy sitting in the room. Snipe the big guy from an angle he cant hit you (not direct in the doorway). Wizards come run back further, shriek appears and shoot it. Pretty much have someone just sitting under the shrieker in the doorway and stay alive and dont try damage the big guy, then rotate.
Note: if you go back through the second door you aren't  actually in the final area, so if someone in the final area dies you go straight to orbit without a countdown as it thinks no one is there.
Just take your time and play conservative.
Wouldn't you know it; i recieved a second ice breaker for a reward.....  i am not bothering with a second character, dismantling for energy is a waste, i really wanted atrange coins.
After nightfall the heroic weekly was too easy, didnt need to hide as much as they weren't one hit killing us.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:00:44 AM by M-Rossi »

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:52 AM »
Weapon choice is critical, I went in with Moose n H with just Solar (fusion/sniper n rpg) to specifically deal with Wizards, thank good the others had good Arc weapons.

I recommend RPG ova HMG, minimise your exposure ;) 

Offline MooseWrangler

• Clan Member
  • Wranglin' ain't easy
  • Origin: MooseWrang1er
  • PSN: M00SEWR4NGLER_
  • Steam: moosewrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:40 AM »
yeah I'm glad I've got Thunderlord. That Arc HMG tore through shields like paper.

we did alright once we got past the wizards. Phogoth was a piece of cake with the entry room cheese.

plus being an Invisible hunter was helpful for revives.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:02:22 AM by MooseWrangler »

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 10:03:00 AM »
Weapon choice is critical, I went in with Moose n H with just Solar (fusion/sniper n rpg) to specifically deal with Wizards, thank good the others had good Arc weapons.

I recommend RPG ova HMG, minimise your exposure ;)
after our second death we went to the tower and i spent my vanguard marks to buy the legendary arc sniper rifle which is a beast, i prefer it over the ice breaker.
if only i had a quick weapon change with d pad..

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 10:14:04 AM »
Funny I have a Solar machine gun and Solar scout rifle and they seemed pretty ineffective against the wizards? Mix had a Arc sniper that was doing most of the damage for us. I used my marks to buy it at the tower after we died.Everything else was ok. Thanks for the tip about backing out. That's something that would have been good to know beforehand  ;)

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 10:23:30 AM »
This guy has a good tutorial on this weekly. He's a lvl 30 so I'm sure that helped  :)  but he did it one out!

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 10:27:33 AM »
Funny I have a Solar machine gun and Solar scout rifle and they seemed pretty ineffective against the wizards?

I found my solar fusion was good for taking off the shields only, then leave the yellow health bar to the Arc wielders.   I used my Hezen Solar RPG to smash the 4 wizards shields while Moose n H let rip with Arc.  So it was more a combo thing

Offline Pat

• Spammer
  • Origin: AroGantz
  • PSN: AroGantz
  • Steam: AroGantz
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 10:44:28 AM »
Apologies Lara & Pat, we almost had it but I was just too tired for another attempt.   More than happy to help out this evening. 

No worries at all mate, we'll take you up on that offer tonight :)

yeah Mix, bb and me found out the hard way about the arc problem this week. We managed to grind all the way down but Mix and me went down and BB backed away to wait and it killed us all? Seems like BB backing away made it think she was dead.

We made the same mistake Spaz, I should have waited to revive.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 11:59:52 AM »
No worries at all mate, we'll take you up on that offer tonight :)

No probs, let me know when ur on n ready.

We made the same mistake Spaz, I should have waited to revive.

Its a hard habit for me to break for some reason.  Team mate down ==> oh no! ==> must run in to revive

Had the same problem in KZ:SF, oh and BFBC2, oh and QW:TF . . .   ???
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:01:36 PM by Jykel »

Offline mimix

• Officer
  • The Double Deuce (#22)
  • PSN: iammimix
  • Steam: iammimix
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 07:21:32 AM »
So spaz, bb and I took another shot at nightfall last night and got through it relatively quickly since we were all better equipped for the arc buff.
Poor spaz only getting a leg scout rifle while bb and I got coins.

The weekly heroic took a bit longer though.
Now for some raid action for some XP and sweet sweet gear.

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 09:37:44 AM »
Pat, Lara and I made it through the Nightfall ok as well, we were much better equipped and a little more patient with when we revived.  Switching from Arc HMG to Arc RPG made a big difference for me, was able to quickly dispatch Knights without having to be out of cover for long.   Also found my Scout Rifle very useful.

Pat got an Exotic Winged Helm for his Warlock, and Lara got Monte!  I got a leg hand cannon that was worse than Thorn ;)

The weekly heroic took a bit longer though.

Yeah, took us a while to get the Boss down without Arc Burn too.

Offline spazmanaught

• Clan Member
  • GOD
  • Bogan
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
Yeah thanks Mix. So much easier when we had the right weapons. The rewards system is so borked! I get a chat gun from the nightfall but get shards from a chest on a patrol ..... WTF!!!!!

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 09:53:59 AM »
Yeah thanks Mix. So much easier when we had the right weapons. The rewards system is so borked! I get a chat gun from the nightfall but get shards from a chest on a patrol ..... WTF!!!!!

Borked for sure.  In my 1st run, with my Warlock and Moose n H.  I got a nice exotic helmet, H got 10 Ass Shards! and Moose got . . . 9 Coins . . . It gave Moose the same reward as for the Heroic, seriously crap compared to 10 Shards!!

Offline MooseWrangler

• Clan Member
  • Wranglin' ain't easy
  • Origin: MooseWrang1er
  • PSN: M00SEWR4NGLER_
  • Steam: moosewrangler
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 10:00:57 AM »

Borked for sure.  In my 1st run, with my Warlock and Moose n H.  I got a nice exotic helmet, H got 10 Ass Shards! and Moose got . . . 9 Coins . . . It gave Moose the same reward as for the Heroic, seriously crap compared to 10 Shards!!

yeah considering I got the 9 coins again when we did the Heroic right after... sure 18 coins in a night is good. but it's not 10 ass shards good.

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »
I got an Ice Breaker, but already have one. I would have preferred the coins... i dont even want to waste dismantli g it as i have already over 20 energy...
i have an exotic sun breakers fully levelled i dont use, how many shards would that dismantle to?

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 01:49:34 PM »
I got an Ice Breaker, but already have one. I would have preferred the coins... i dont even want to waste dismantli g it as i have already over 20 energy...
i have an exotic sun breakers fully levelled i dont use, how many shards would that dismantle to?

I'd keep the Ice Breaker in the vault in case you create a 2nd character :)

I think Helms and Gloves (Leg or Exotic) give you 2 Shards, Chest Pieces give 3.  You do not get more back if you have upgraded it either :(

Offline M-Rossi

• Clan Member
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »
I cbf with a second character.
With all the games coming out in Nov, I am not sure how much I will be playing Destiny, but it also depends on what and when they release new content.

Also depends on how many other people are playing. I get pretty bored with destiny if there isnt any hip WpR members on to cruise around on my sparrow with  :troll:

Offline Ant

• Clan Member
  • Retired Red
  • Origin: AntinOz
  • PSN: AntinOz
  • Steam: AntinOz
  • Xbox Live: xxAntinOzxx
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 09:24:37 AM »
I just want to get my guy up a little bit higher before AC:U arrives.

Offline captainraincoat

• Clan Member
  • Origin: captainraincoat
  • PSN: captainraincot
  • Steam: captainraincoat
  • Xbox Live: SEMPERFID
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 04:07:41 PM »
Looking foward to being able to so these. ....hit 24 last night so not to far off

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 04:14:05 PM »
Looking foward to being able to so these. ....hit 24 last night so not to far off

You can do them now on a lower level.
kunfushun [02|Feb 03:39 PM]:   a few of us here have router only ac68u, n66u. I'm sure i can speak for them and man i love my asus router, thank frack i didnt go apple

Offline captainraincoat

• Clan Member
  • Origin: captainraincoat
  • PSN: captainraincot
  • Steam: captainraincoat
  • Xbox Live: SEMPERFID
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 04:48:03 PM »
I have been grinding the vanguard strikes ....is that what u mean???

Offline Pat

• Spammer
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »
I have been grinding the vanguard strikes ....is that what u mean???

No, the weekly has three tiers, 20/24/28 and you can join two levels above your  level.

Offline Jykel

• Clan Member
  • Sleep is for the Dead.
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2014, 09:31:32 AM »
I will be hitting up a nightfall run around 8ish tonight, anyone keen on a run, shoot me a msg.

Remember to give ye PS4 a reboot after the reset drops :)

I recon its a Mars one this week.